What Does Ylang-Ylang Smell Like? And Top Perfumes
What Does Ylang-Ylang Smell Like? Bergamot note, lavender and sage are the top notes of a cologne mixed with jasmine and ylang ylang which give off a gardenia and lily like base note.
what does ylang-ylang smell like?
Ylang-ylang, a yellow star shaped flower, is found on the Cananga tree. It is a tropical species with deep and mild citrus flavors, earthy greens, and slightly sweet flowers. You can scent hints of sugar, spices, and nutmeg, it has a fruity essence that is super rich and aromatic.
The ylang ylang tree is a member of the custard apple family, which probably explains why the flowers sometimes have a subtle custard smell to them.
Steam distillation is used to extract the essential oil, and there are three recognised grades (one, two and three) depending on when the oil was extracted. Typically grade one of the extract would be used in perfumery, while grade three would be reserved for pure essential oil used in aromatherapy
Ylang ylang is a well-known fragrance in the perfume world and constant demand. It is among the most sought-after scent notes, an ingredient that make nearly every perfume desirable.
Brands like Coco Chanel, House of Versace, Dior, Jimmy Choo, and many more high-end brands swear by the Ylang ylang ingredient as their primary ingredient in perfumes and colognes.
Top perfumers understand that using the Ylang ylang can only make a fragrance more appealing. It's not too strong, nor is it too delicate. Instead, it is a perfect match, thanks to its sweet and romantic aroma of fruity and floral scent.
Ylang ylang is used in various essential oils, cosmetic products, and even food flavoring.
Where is Ylang Ylang in the word?
South Asian tropical countries like Malaysia, Philippines, Cancun, Java, Sumatra, Comoro, Polynesia, and Australia are the most common areas where Ylang-Ylang is grown.
Outside of these areas, it isn't easy to cultivate this unique yellow flower due to the climatic conditions.
What's Ylang-Ylang Used For And Its Benefits?
Benefits of Ylang-ylang flower
- Stress levels have been proven to lower since people in business surrounding the flower have had the opportunity to handle more stressful situations. These are according to a recent study conducted at the University of Hawaii. The study results revealed that elderly individuals with anxiety and stress were very calm after inhaling Ylang Ylang essential oil. Either by applying directly or using aromatherapy, flowers found in this tree are great for stress relief.
- Ylang Ylang has long been used in natural medicines because of its many healing properties. One of these is the fact that it can help to reduce the symptoms of certain infections and inflammation by killing off unwanted bacteria (fungi) such as head lice.
- Ylang-ylang has been used for centuries in South Asia for a variety of ailments. It’s starting to garner further research attention outside its tropical homeland, in particular for its potential impact on cardiovascular health. In one study, ylang-ylang was able to lower high blood pressure when combined with the essential oil of lavender and bergamot; another report concluded that ylang-ylang reduces heart rate and respiration when taken in tandem with neroli. It’s important to note that while it may help lower blood pressure, it shouldn't be used instead of a regular blood pressure medication but rather as an additional treatment to help improve your overall medical condition.
- Usually, the key ingredient - linalool - is the one responsible for the skin benefits of lavender. Linalool softens and soothes irritated skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. It is also effective in reducing signs of acne, as well as improving elasticity by calming down excessive skin cell turnover.
- Aphrodisiac, Ylang-ylang has been used as an aphrodisiac for centuries. Its calming properties have been linked to sexual desires.
Additional Benefits of Ylang-Ylang
It is also used in treatment of headaches, herbal remedies for stomach upsets, and more.
Ylang-Ylang Perfumes And Essential Oils
Best Scent Amarige By Givenchy
The Givenchy Eau de Toilette, If you are looking for a light, sweet-smelling fragrance that's soft enough to wear all year round, you'll love this Givenchy aroma. It combines notes of gardenia, ylang-ylang, neroli and tonka bean to make it smell almost similar to candy floss - but without any of the stickiness!
SAMSARA by Guerlain EDT
The Guerlain classic perfume, Samsara*, takes ylang-ylang in a completely different direction.
Ylang-ylang is a classic oriental fragrant extract that comes from an evergreen tree and works beautifully as an ingredient in your perfume especially when combined with jasmine and sandalwood.
When worn, this ylang-ylang sensual fragrance gives off the mood of being in two places at once - on an exotic island while also safely surrounded by the warmth of a cozy cabin.
Aerin Tuberose Le Jour Perfume
It can be quite difficult to find a perfume you like because each scent is different on everyone and what one person likes may not necessarily appeal to another.
Fortunately, this parfum features warm scents, such as the Ylang-Ylang flower, alongside floral smells of Sandalwood.
Perfect for evening wear, date night or just a sexy night.
Chânél No.5 For Women EDP
The Chanel No. 5 perfume has been a hit since 1921 for numerous reasons. As if you want to Be Irresistible With The Best Chanel Perfume For Women.
Top note - are Aldehydes, Ylang-Ylang, Neroli, Bergamot and Lemon; middle note - are iris, Jasmine, Rose, Orris Root and Lily-of-the-Valley; base note - are Civet, Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Moss, Vetiver, Vanilla and Patchouli.
Demeter Ylang Ylang Cologne
Demeter Ylang Ylang Cologne Spray is unique and perfect for women on days or nights out.
A light and airy fragrance of roses, juniper, ylang-ylang, tulips as well as a hint of woody notes makes this perfume perfect for the modern woman. Not expensive and well worth it's growth in popularity!
Body & Bath Oil - Floral Ylang Ylang
Another excellent fragrance with ylang-ylang aroma as its main ingredient, this bath oil is also sure to leave you satisfied for hours.
If you end up being too overwhelmed or confused about the benefits of ylang-ylang, we're here to make everything clear and wipe away any stress that may have built up within yourself while also letting you smell fantastic as well with the help of ylang ylang!
Gya Labs Organic Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
A HEALING TOOL FOR THE MIND AND BODY. Ylang Ylang has been part of bridal traditions in the Philippine and Indonesian culture.
Petals are spread on the beds of newlywed couples to heighten connection.
Ylang ylang essential oil has a myriad of benefits and uses, and that is why we've crafted this amazing product that will not let you down.
What perfume is made with ylang-ylang?
Chanel No. 5 Eau de parfum is just one variation of the luxury company's classic fragrance, Chanel No. 5 , but it has achieved its own cult status in the authentic brand's impressive history. As soon as one wafts the ylang-ylang scent into the air, those with a knack for fragrances can instantly detect a mix of sophisticated ingredients that imbue it with its recognizable quality which is why some celebrities and other notables tend to be among its biggest fans. Additionally, number five has been associated through musicality with some pretty memorable tunes in advertisements and such, adding to its acclaim!
Is ylang-ylang spicy?
The genus of ylang ylang is classified as Cananga. There is a wide range of species under its umbrella. The smell is most commonly associated with the flowers that resemble jasmine are different variations of fruity, sweet, and sensual aromas; beautiful to behold yet too strong for many people to handle. Sometimes it can emit warm, spicy scent.
Is ylang ylang flower edible?
Unlike some Annonaceae, Ylang Ylang fruit is not used in foods; however this is quite edible and has a tart but pleasant and complex aroma of a conifer or juniper. In fact, Ylang Ylang it’s so tasty that people even use it as an ingredient in desserts like pies and smoothies. Even when not in blossom, the tree’s branches look like those of Christmas trees.
The scent Ylang-Ylang is one that anyone who enjoys perfumes should have. It's an ingredient that has numerous healing properties. Get yours now!